Monday, June 28, 2010

Got to love Small town America - Victor, Montana

Victor Mt. We found small town America, south of Missoula. Some how we missed a turn. We stopped to see where we were. As we were looking on our map two brother in an old Ford pick-up pulled in front of the Liquor store we parked at. Now, why I didn't snap a picture of them I don't know. The driver, his shirt was unbutton to let his gut hang out. The other guy had a Shady Brady style cowboy hat, western shirt, and Wranglers. But his foot wear of choice, house slippers.
The two gave up directions to where we wanted to go along with other info they thought we needed to know. While the others talked to the brothers I went into the Liquor store and picked up two pints of Everclear, one for Vinny and one for myself. The most important info they gave us was to mix that Everclear 4 to 1. They must have told us 4 times.

As I looked down the street I saw a little girl pulling a lemonade stand. It looked like it had been made from a wagon. I followed her to the park. I asked her about her stand. She told me her daddy made it for her. She was very proud of that. I asked her name she said it was Justice. She said she had made $16. in 4 days. Lemonade was not all she had to sell, ice tea and homemade popsicles. I remember as a kid selling Kool-aid. when she put out her tip jar she made sure she put some change in it. I took a picture of her and put $2.00 in her jar, thanked her and went on our way. Justice made my day or even my trip.




Victor Liquor in Victor Mt.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'bout the only thing you can use Everclear for is cleaning the chrome on your bike. Ha Ha!!! Lumpy