Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trying to post pictures from Clarkston, Washington.

I sit in a hotel room with the slowest Internet in the world. I have some pictures I wanted to share with you but it's not working. The ride has been great. Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming. And now Washington. Oregon tomorrow.
We enter Yellowstone thru the West end of the park. We made it to see Old Faithful go off. That was something. Buffalo and deer walked around and people didn't seem to bother them. We got into Billings around 1am.
We road to Missoula home of the MSU Grizzlies. I had a great steak at the Montana Club.
This morning we took route 12, the Lewis and Clark Trail. But we missed the turn and found ourselfs in Victor, Mt. We talked with two local guys. brothers we guess. They looked in their 70's. one guys belly hung out of his unbuttoned shirt. The other all dress up like a cowboy but his footwear, house slippers. they were in town to pick up a few beers, at 8:30am.
While talking with them I saw a little girl, oh about 10. pulling a wagon. turned into a lemonade stand. I followed her to the park. She had post it notes sellind ice tea, lemonade and homemade popcicles. I talked to her. Her name was Justice. She told me her daddy turned her wagon into a stand. I asked her why her dad did that? she said, because my daddy loves me. There is Justice in Victor, Mt. Talking to that girl made my day. Life is real simple in a little girls eyes. All is good because daddy loves her.
More tomorrow I hope.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, Thanks for taking the time to post. I know first hand the pain in the ass that it can be while relying on motel internet service. Get some pictures up, because this is one biker that truly appreciates the chronicled story! Be safe, enjoy yourselves and keep the rubber down and the shiny side up. Lumpy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I love reading blogs about people's journeys and when it's someone
I know it makes it even better. Be safe Jim,

Matt Delanty